A New York Adventure

A New York Adventure

"It was the best of times....it was the worst of times...."
Charles Dickens

"If we are to better the future we must disturb the present."
Catherine Booth















Sunday, November 8, 2009

Life and Times



I am not doing so well with keeping up with this blog.  My apologies to anyone trying to follow it.  Since my last blog not much has happened.  My health seems to be okay, just waiting now for some results of tests but that may be a topic for another day.

We were in Roseburg this weekend visiting the corps and the officers.  What a beautiful state oregon is to drive in.  There are still bright and beautiful autumn colors on the trees that are breathtaking.  Although I think that what I appreciate most is the sky.  The cloud formations are beautiful.  We do get a lot of rain so that there tends to be a lot of clouds but what is neat is that you may have dark and rainy clouds and a break with bright sky and sun in the middle of them so that you get a beautiful canvas of greys and whites sometimes tinged with pink, red or yellow.  I have just started to take some "sky" photos and if I get some good ones I'll post them sometime.

The best thing in my life these days, however, is that I actually get to live near my daughter and her family.  Just to be able to "drop" by for a few minutes or to visit a bit is such a blessing.  And don't get me started on what it does to me to hear a little voice say with delight, "grandma"....... when he sees me coming--it just makes my day (and then some)!







No really good sky pictures but you get a glimpse of what I mean.  Oregon is a beautiful state.

No comments: